Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Scannings of Random Items

I actually enjoyed working on this assignment. To me, it was fun to think of all of the random yet cool things I have that can be turned into a work of art. Here are the photos of the random items I scanned:


Feather Necklace
I actually got this necklace yesterday from one of my friends who didn't want it. I thought that the feather in the middle had turned a simple necklace into something bold, but still down to earth. I really like how the beads reflect onto the white as well.


Pink Scarf
This is definitely one of my favorite items that I scanned. This scarf was given to me by my grandmother and I just love the texture of it and the many different colors incorporated in it. 


Chai Tea Bag
I think of all my scans, this is the most unique. I don't know how I came up with the idea of ripping a tea bag open, but I thought that the tea bits would look really cool spread out.


Crotchet Shirt
This is a section of a crotchet shirt that I have. I actually wore it on class the other day. Crotchet is very intricate and I thought it would be pretty cool to have a close up of the design.

 

"Fuzzy Grass"
I found this "fuzzy grass" outside of my residence while talking on the phone. I really like the texture on the top of it and I thought it would be perfect to show.



Glow in the Dark Stars
Originally, I had these glow in the dark stars with just a white background. I realized that since these are glow in the dark stars, I might as well add a black background regardless of whether or not the scan would make it glow or not.


Gold Bracelets
This is one of my favorite set of bracelets that I have. The fact that it's not entirely gold makes it very simple. I decided to spread it out like this to show some layering on each bracelet. I was curious to see it the layering would be very noticeable in the scan.


Leaves
This originally had been a photo had been a photo of four leaves, but I decided to crop this one bit. I really like the closeup of these two leaves, especially since the one on the right looks 3D instead of a flat leaf.



Negatives
My friend, as an art major, suggested that I use some of her film from past pictures for this assignment. I originally had three film strips, but I really liked how the angle and the coloring of this particular one turned out.   


Pillow Case
This is a close up of one pillow I brought to school this year. I really liked the design and the bright colors draws the audience into the photo.



Portugal Flag
Of course, because I am so proud of being Portuguese, I had to put a Portuguese flag up. I didn't want to just put a flag, so I bent the red part of the flag just a little bit to show some layering.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your selection of scanned items because they cross such a wide span of imagery from something looking very "organic" and cell-like (your pillow case) to something much larger (like your scarf or flag). I think that these items that look like multiple "things" will be able to be well used in the class' collages. I would especially like to see the "fuzzy grass" used in a collage - I think your scan of it shows a great level of detail that would be well utilized in a collage.

    ReplyDelete